g r i e v e r

Wednesday, August 14, 2002

Exchange with NJC Choir

I must really write this down; it is one of the most significant and memorable events that ever occured in boring Hwa Chong life. Well, today we had a most interesting and enriching experience with the NJC Choir, we had an exchange with them at their college, and one of the first things that struck me was the architecture of the school, the design, the colour scheme, everything, gave the college a very homey feel, something Hwa Chong lacks. Absolutely. Second, the people were friendly and warm. More so than Hwa Chong people in general.

It was a really cool thing, and we sincerely learnt quite a few things from them. Seriously, I think Mr Brian Ang (the teacher in-charge at NJC) was being very tactful in evaluating Hwa Chong choir. I'm sure we were not much better than NJ, and we really lacked the preparation we should have had. And the NJCians were rather integrative, and seemed to be very comfortable with each other. In Hwa Chong, you never, or nearly never see such warmth amongst the people. And despite what people say about their school and their drab uniform, I think they seriously have more a life than us monotonous Hwa Chongians. I'm not trying to put ourselves down, I'm just stating an observation which I personally feel should be improved upon.

I guess everyone enjoyed themselves, and everyone benefited in one way or another, to a certain extent, from the exchange. Well, I hope to see more of such events in the future, and besides, we get to listen to songs. Free of charge. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home